XPaths in microflows
Hi, can anyone help me with the below question, Where can we utilize XPaths in microflows?
In microflows, XPaths can be utilized in various ways to manipulate and retrieve data.
- Retrieve Objects: XPaths help us specify filters and conditions when fetching objects from the database in a microflow. They allow us to fetch specific objects based on their attribute values.
- Looping and Iteration: XPaths can be used in loops within microflows to go through a list of objects and perform actions based on certain conditions defined by XPaths.
- Attribute Access: XPaths help us access and change attribute values of objects in a microflow. For example, we can use an XPath to get or set the value of an attribute on an object.
- Association Traversal: XPaths enable us to navigate between different entities and retrieve related objects. This allows us to access and work with data from associated entities within a microflow.
- Aggregations: XPaths can be used in aggregate functions within microflows to perform calculations or fetch aggregated data based on specific conditions defined by XPaths.
- Validation: XPaths can be used to check conditions and validate data in a microflow to ensure it meets certain business rules.
Refer the below link for for xpath documentation
Hope it helps!!!
While XPath is a full query expression including an entity.
In Mendix you usually only enter the XPath constraints, e.g. on a retrieve action for entity Customer, you enter only
I know that this may be a bit confusing when beginning with Mendix.