A few suggestions to improve Calypso as discussed in the Mendix UX Slack Channel
- Add a toggle to switch between Mx7 vs Mx8/9 there are still many Mx7 applications and it would be useful to use calypso for styling. as they use a different folder path and Mx7 isn’t working that well with calypso
- add a functionality to save ports to an app folder, as everyday I have to reset the port as 8080 is already in use. and often run multiple applications with different ports
- add a option to save the ‘other' hostname
- add a tab for custom variables selection (https://blogs.sap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/B_004.jpg)
it could help devs by easily adjusting the brand colors without going into the actual file. maybe even with a color picker
- option to run multiple stylesheets linked to multiple localhosts. as we ofter develop multiple integrated apps next to each other
- Option to Run calypso from the view button in Studio Pro
- improve the dark vs light mode switch, ofter people find the toggle after a few months
- add a tab to import and automate adding fonts and Icon sets. So everything is added in a uniform way over all the mendix project. instead as how the front-end guys likes it (lot’s of fragmentation)
- Maybe even add a calyspo integration within visual studio code. would be nice!
- reduce the image size as it pushes the console ofter out of window
Hope this list of features helps to improve the future tooling, and improve the front-end development UX of mendix.