Compilation of Java actions failed in Studio Pro 9.24

Hello,  I’ve just upgrade studio pro to 9.24 and now I have a problem in de last step ‘Bundle application’ when running a project. I get the following error. Anybody has ideas how to solve that? I already upgraded the SSO module, but that did not fix the problem.   > Task :clean-custom-classes > Task :compile Z:\Documents\Mendix\Cellro-MI-main\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\MendixUtils.java:37: error: cannot find symbol                 return ExceptionUtils.rethrow(e);                                      ^   symbol:   method rethrow(ReflectiveOperationException)   location: class ExceptionUtils Z:\Documents\Mendix\Cellro-MI-main\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\oidp\IdentityProviderMetaDataCache.java:69: error: cannot find symbol             return ExceptionUtils.rethrow(e);                                  ^   symbol:   method rethrow(Exception)   location: class ExceptionUtils Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. 2 errors > Task :compile FAILED FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong: Execution failed for task ':compile'. > Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details. * Try: > Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. > Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. > Run with --scan to get full insights. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 9s 2 actionable tasks: 2 executed   Removing the SSO module solves the problem, but is of course not a real solution.
asked
3 answers

For a new app in 9.24 you will get commons-lang3-3.12.0.jar in the userlib folder. You probably have some other versions of this jar around there. Cleanup and leave the above version.

answered

For me the surprise came from OQL module. It also uses lang3 library but it is named as org.apache.commons.lang3.jar which does not  align with other modules. Once I found it and cleaned other instances of commons-lang3-3.xxx.jar everything started to work.

answered

I tried what you said Chris and it still didn’t work.  any ideas?

> Task :clean-custom-classes

> Task :compile
Z:\Documents\Mendix\xxxx-workflow\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\MendixUtils.java:36: error: cannot find symbol
                return ExceptionUtils.rethrow(e);
                                     ^
  symbol:   method rethrow(ReflectiveOperationException)
Z:\Documents\Mendix\xxxx-workflow\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\oidp\IdentityProviderMetaDataCache.java:69: error: cannot find symbol
            return ExceptionUtils.rethrow(e);
                                 ^
  symbol:   method rethrow(Exception)
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
2 errors

> Task :compile FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compile'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 16s
2 actionable tasks: 2 executed

answered