Two different Scheduled Events that triggers the same microflow at two different dates every month.

Hello Mendix community, I’m about to deploy an app that will send out emails via scheduled events and I just want to double-check if I’ve configured the both scheduled events correctly. Both of the events will trigger the same microflow, first one will trigger the microflow every first day of the month. If its on the weekend or weekday does not matter. The second one will trigger the microflow the 15th every month. Do I need to have an intervall or is it enough by just checking the repeat every month option?    Regards David Sävenmark SCHEDULED EVENT 1 SCHEDULED EVENT 2
asked
5 answers

As you can see in your screenshots every month means every 31 days, so the execution will wander through the days of the month. If you want execution every 1st and 15th of the month, create one daily scheduled event and in your microflow check if today is execution day, something like

formatDateTime([%CurrentDateTime%], 'd') = '1' or formatDateTime([%CurrentDateTime%], 'd') = '15'

answered

Hi,

Yes you need to allow the scheduled event in dev-portal.

Regards.

Rasik.N

answered

Yes the scheduled events should happen automatically but when I deploy this application, I need to have some type of security as an admin so not anyone can access the application. But the whole point for the application is to just send emails automatically via scheduled events. I just want to make sure that these scheduled events will get executed even If I have not logged in because it does work when I run it locally via the ‘Enabled’ check. I just want to be sure it works the same way when I deploy it in the cloud. 

answered

Ok so if I have the ‘Enabled’ checked and deploy the app. I just have to allow the scheduled event to be triggered via the dev-portal? 

answered

Would it not be better to then have a scheduled event that calls the microflow on a daily intervall? Because if the scheduled event gets executed one or two days later because of the different lengths on the months, It would not help to have a check because the scheduled event would anyway call the microflow one or two days later? 

answered