Unable to sign in on Studio Pro 9.22 due to invalid class error

I’m having trouble with Studio Pro 9.22. It is failing to sign in, and gives the below error: Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.CimException: Invalid class at Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.Internal.Operations.CimSyncEnumeratorBase`1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at Mendix.Modeler.Core.View.Windows.Environments.VirtualMachineDetector.IsRunningInParallels() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View.Windows\Environments\VirtualMachineDetector.cs:line 23 at Mendix.Modeler.Core.View.Windows.Environments.VirtualMachineDetector.get_IsWindowsVm() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View.Windows\Environments\VirtualMachineDetector.cs:line 13 at Mendix.Modeler.UserManagement.VirtualMachineSupport.<get_IsWindowsVmWithMacOsDefaultBrowser>b__4_0() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UserManagement\VirtualMachineSupport.cs:line 15 at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.Result.CatchExceptions[T](Func`1 action) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility\Result.cs:line 136   I’ve tried:   Restarting Mendix Restarting my computer (Windows 11 Pro) Reinstalling Mendix 9.22 (I did still have Studio Pro 9.18 installed) None of this has worked
asked
4 answers

So, I got past the error, but I have no idea how to fix it in future.
My machine just happened to have a major windows update ready (I would have been on second latest version), and after updating windows, it now works. I assume it replaced some possibly corrupted DLL...

answered

Hi David,

The Windows update indeed seems to be the culprit here. It may already have hijacked something which Studio Pro needs to start.

Glad to hear it’s resolved now.

answered

Any update on this?
Anybody has a solution?
I have the exact same error with Mendix 9.23.0 and 9.24.0

answered

I had the same issue, installation of a Windows update resolved it.

The Windows update was Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5025224)

Pieter

answered