Native Mobile: Error While Running Locally due to Missing Files

Good day,   I recently upgraded my application to Mendix 9.24.0 and added Native capabilities to it. However, when I run the application locally and try and access the Native application using the Mendix Make it Native 9 application I get the following errors:     In the native_packager_log the errors I get are the following:   [Output] error: Error: Unable to resolve module ../../../theme/native/exclusion-variables from C:\Users\bdeic\Documents\Mendix\GoingNaturalApp-20221228_DecemberRelease_V1\themesource\atlas_core\native\main.js: [Output] None of these files exist: [Output] * ..\..\theme\native\exclusion-variables(.native|.android.js|.native.js|.js|.android.jsx|.native.jsx|.jsx|.android.ts|.native.ts|.ts|.android.tsx|.native.tsx|.tsx|.android.cjs|.native.cjs|.cjs|.android.mjs|.native.mjs|.mjs|.android.json|.native.json|.json|.android.js_commonjs-exports|.native.js_commonjs-exports|.js_commonjs-exports|.android.js_commonjs-module|.native.js_commonjs-module|.js_commonjs-module) [Output] * ..\..\theme\native\exclusion-variables\index(.native|.android.js|.native.js|.js|.android.jsx|.native.jsx|.jsx|.android.ts|.native.ts|.ts|.android.tsx|.native.tsx|.tsx|.android.cjs|.native.cjs|.cjs|.android.mjs|.native.mjs|.mjs|.android.json|.native.json|.json|.android.js_commonjs-exports|.native.js_commonjs-exports|.js_commonjs-exports|.android.js_commonjs-module|.native.js_commonjs-module|.js_commonjs-module) [Output] > 1 | import * as exclusionVariables from "../../../theme/native/exclusion-variables"; [Output] | ^ [Output] 2 | // ================================== CORE ==================================\\ [Output] 3 | // [Output] 4 | // [Output] at ModuleResolver.resolveDependency (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.24.0.2965\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\metro\src\node-haste\DependencyGraph\ModuleResolution.js:152:15) [Output] at DependencyGraph.resolveDependency (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.24.0.2965\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\metro\src\node-haste\DependencyGraph.js:264:43) [Output] at Object.resolve (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.24.0.2965\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\metro\src\lib\transformHelpers.js:170:21) [Output] at resolveDependencies (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.24.0.2965\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\metro\src\DeltaBundler\graphOperations.js:466:33) [Output] at processModule (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.24.0.2965\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\metro\src\DeltaBundler\graphOperations.js:232:31) [Output] at async addDependency (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.24.0.2965\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\metro\src\DeltaBundler\graphOperations.js:361:18) [Output] at async Promise.all (index 5) [Output] at async processModule (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.24.0.2965\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\metro\src\DeltaBundler\graphOperations.js:279:3) [Output] at async addDependency (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.24.0.2965\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\metro\src\DeltaBundler\graphOperations.js:361:18) [Output] at async Promise.all (index 1) [Output] MxTerminalReporter: {"event":"bundling_error","name":"Error","message":"Unable to resolve module ../../../theme/native/exclusion-variables from C:\\Users\\bdeic\\Documents\\Mendix\\GoingNaturalApp-20221228_DecemberRelease_V1\\themesource\\atlas_core\\native\\main.js: \n\nNone of these files exist:\n * ..\\..\\theme\\native\\exclusion-variables(.native|.android.js|.native.js|.js|.android.jsx|.native.jsx|.jsx|.android.ts|.native.ts|.ts|.android.tsx|.native.tsx|.tsx|.android.cjs|.native.cjs|.cjs|.android.mjs|.native.mjs|.mjs|.android.json|.native.json|.json|.android.js_commonjs-exports|.native.js_commonjs-exports|.js_commonjs-exports|.android.js_commonjs-module|.native.js_commonjs-module|.js_commonjs-module)\n * ..\\..\\theme\\native\\exclusion-variables\\index(.native|.android.js|.native.js|.js|.android.jsx|.native.jsx|.jsx|.android.ts|.native.ts|.ts|.android.tsx|.native.tsx|.tsx|.android.cjs|.native.cjs|.cjs|.android.mjs|.native.mjs|.mjs|.android.json|.native.json|.json|.android.js_commonjs-exports|.native.js_commonjs-exports|.js_commonjs-exports|.android.js_commonjs-module|.native.js_commonjs-module|.js_commonjs-module)\n\u001b[0m\u001b[31m\u001b[1m>\u001b[22m\u001b[39m\u001b[90m 1 |\u001b[39m \u001b[36mimport\u001b[39m \u001b[33m*\u001b[39m \u001b[36mas\u001b[39m exclusionVariables \u001b[36mfrom\u001b[39m \u001b[32m\"../../../theme/native/exclusion-variables\"\u001b[39m\u001b[33m;\u001b[39m\u001b[0m\n\u001b[0m \u001b[90m |\u001b[39m \u001b[31m\u001b[1m^\u001b[22m\u001b[39m\u001b[0m\n\u001b[0m \u001b[90m 2 |\u001b[39m \u001b[90m// ================================== CORE ==================================\\\\\u001b[39m\u001b[0m\n\u001b[0m \u001b[90m 3 |\u001b[39m \u001b[90m//\u001b[39m\u001b[0m\n\u001b[0m \u001b[90m 4 |\u001b[39m \u001b[90m//\u001b[39m\u001b[0m"} [Output] MxTerminalReporter: {"event":"bundle_build_started"} [Output] BUNDLE ./index.js I’m aware that files are missing, but I do not know how I can restore or create them properly.
asked
3 answers

Any update on this topic? I am facing the same issue

answered

Cleaning the deployment directory and then running again worked for me

answered

Finally found the solution to the issue!

The issue was that the main.js and exclusion-variables.js files were missing from the native directory in the App Explorer.

I used a new blank native project to compare the folder structure and finally came across these files.

I created the main.js and exclusion-variables.js files and copied contents of the brand new project files to these files. I also reviewed the theme, themesource and other theme folders, but no additions there made an impact on the application running, so I don’t think those are of consequence.

main.js

export {};

exclusion-variables.js

// == Variables to exclude files
// ## Reduce the amount of files imported from the Atlas_Core module
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
// Accordion
export const excludeAccordion = false;
export const excludeAccordionHelpers = false;
// Activity Indicator
export const excludeActivityIndicator = false;
export const excludeActivityIndicatorHelpers = false;
// Animation
export const excludeAnimation = false;
// Background Image
export const excludeBackgroundImage = false;
// Badge
export const excludeBadge = false;