Hey, so i need a microflow to check if the date and time space is empty and if it is to show a message. How can I do it? I'm a student and I'm very new with mendix.
- Add a decision in your microflow
- Add expression $Variable/DateTime != empty
- $Variable = your object variable containing the dateTime attribute you want to validate
- DateTime = Attribute of object variable you want to check
- Horizontal outgoing sequence flow > set to true
- Drag a second sequence flow downwards > set to false
- Add validation feedback in false flow
- Context: $Variable
- Member: DateTime attribute
- Template: whatever message you want to give
Rene van Hofwegen
Rene's answer will do the trick just fine.
Alternatively you can use a validation-rule on the entity's datetime argument. To do so, go to the domain model, click the entity, go to tab 'validations', click 'New', set Rule type to 'Required'.
Tim v Steenbergen