Recommendations to convert microflow into nanoflow - Mendix Forum

Recommendations to convert microflow into nanoflow

As developer, you model both microflows and nanoflows. As a result of legacy or changing requirements, an earlier made microflow could now definitely be a nanoflow.

It would be nice if Mendix checks the usages of each microflow and gives recommendations which microflows could be changed to a nanoflow.

For example: a datasource microflow is used, mainly to return the value of a constant. Since Mx 8.2 also nanoflows can access constants, so this logic could be changed to a nanoflow. As a result Mendix Pro could give as recommendation to convert this specific microflow into a nanoflow.

asked
5 answers

» It would be nice if Mendix checks the usages of each microflow and gives recommendations which microflows could be changed to a nanoflow

hello – in case it helps, the Performance Bot in Studio Pro 9 does make such recommendations, where converting may help to improveo improve performance.

Created

I have added a specific idea/request to implement the right click idea Jason: https://forum.mendix.com/link/space/studio%20pro/ideas/3503

Created

right click, convert to MF, right click convert to NF.

and then give me errors if I have actions that do not work with on or the other (JSA).

Created

Great to see this implemented in Mx 9!

Created

Mendix is already working on this idear. There are talks between the team responsible for MxAssist and some MVP’s about improvements like this. Might take some Mx8 versions though before some result can be seen.

Regards,

Ronald

Created