Deep link module doesnt start a microflow

I have installed the deep link module this evening, but I cannot get it to work. Specifically, I got it integrated in my app such that I can configure a deep link, but when I go to that deep link (host/link/MyConfiguredLink) I get redirected to the home page. Strangely, when I click the home button, I get correctly redirected to the page I wanted to deeplink to (which I also set as homepage when using the deep link). Anyone got an idea what could be going wrong, and/or what I might have missed during installation and configuration? Further explanation:   @Ian and @Ronald. Thanks for your responses. I think i did the steps you described correctly, although I am not entirely sure that I configured the flow that is called by the DeepLinkConfiguration correctly. I have included the stuff that I did in my module below.   Project -> settings -> server -> after startup triggers microflow MyFirstModule.StartupFlow Microflow MyFirstModule.StartupFlow StartDeeplink (calls microflow Deeplink.StartDeeplink) StartAppCloudServices CreateDeeplinkConfig (variables, Name='Test', Microflow='MyFirstModule.GoToFirstPage', etc)   Microflow MyFirstModule.GoToFirstPage Open FirstPage   Also, in the navigation I set the Home button to microflow MyFirstModule.GotoHomepage Microflow MyFirstModule.GoToHomepage DeepLinkHome (call microflow Deeplink.DeeplinkHome) Exclusive split on UseDeeplink (boolean passed from DeeplinkHome) On true: End Event On false: Show Homepage, then End Event   This is the behaviour I am experiencing in my app: localhost:8080/index.html -> Works as normal. I can open the deeplinkconfiguration in the menu and see that my DeepLinkConfig is created, indicating that the StartUpFlow run successfully. localhost:8080/link/randomstring -> receive an error that the link is not configured. I think this indicates that deeplink is running. localhost:8080/link/test -> I go to the default Homepage (instead of the FirstPage as I would have expected). This indicates that something is wrong with either the microflow MyFirstPage or with the Deeplink configuration. However, when I now click on the home button (executing the microflow GoToHomepage) I correctly arrive at MyFirstPage (GoToHomePage triggered DeepLinkHome which propelled the user to MyFirstPage [as I configured the DeeplinkConfig UseAsHome = true]).   Further thoughts    
asked
5 answers

Tom,

Are you calling a custom microflow as a default homepage for your user?  You need a way to trigger the DeepLinkHome microflow and this is most easily done as the first activity in that default homepage microflow.

Ian

answered

Did you also do the afterstartup action ( To automatically start the deeplink module, the DeepLink.Startdeeplink microflow needs to be set as startup microflow (project > settings > server > after startup))? Because you could set a breakpoint on this action to see if the deeplink is triggered. Furthermore you could set a breakpoint on your GoToFirstPage microflow to see if this microflow is triggered by the deeplink. It seems that because when pressing home you go to the right page (since you set the UseAsHome = true) that the deeplink was triggered. Otherwise you would have gone to the normal home page. May be the break points gives you a clue what is going wrong.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Moved to the opening post on suggestion of Ronald.

answered

I am struggling with the exact same issue currently.

Has anyone found a solution/hint on how this can be resolved?

answered

Solution found. 

Thank you Ronald – As Tom Philippi, I only added the microflow for the Startpage to the “Home” Item in the navigation and not to the “Default home page”. As soon as I added it to “Default home page” it worked like a charm. 

From the documentation “For this you need to change the default homepage in your navigation to a custom microflow.”
it is now clear, but it wasn’t when I first went through, thinking adding it to the Mene Item of my Homepage would suffice

answered