MendixSSO 3 failing to compile its own Java code

Hello forum, I installed MendixSSO 3.0.0 in my Mendix project and set it up according to the official MendixSSO documentation. But when I launch my project, I get the following Java runtime error : Buildfile: C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\deployment\build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 331 source files to C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:23: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] final Map<String, Object> mxProfileClaim = JSONObjectUtils.getJSONObject(userInfoJSONObject, MX_USER_PROFILE_V_1); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:30: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setOpenId(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "openid2_id")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:31: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setDisplayName(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "display_name")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:32: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setAvatarThumbnailUrl(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "avatar_thumb_url")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:33: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setAvatarUrl(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "avatar_url")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:34: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setBio(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "bio")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:35: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setWebsite(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "website")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:36: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setEmailAddress(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "email")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:37: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setPhone(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "phone_number")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:38: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setJobTitle(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "job_title")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:39: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setDepartment(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "job_department")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:40: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setLocation(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "location")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:41: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setCountry(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "country")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:42: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setLinkedIn(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "social_linkedin")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:43: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setTwitter(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "social_twitter")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:44: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setSkype(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "social_skype")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:45: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setCompanyId(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "company_id")); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\javasource\mendixsso\implementation\utils\UserProfileUtils.java:46: error: incompatible types: Map<String,Object> cannot be converted to JSONObject [javac] userProfile.setCompany(JSONObjectUtils.getString(mxProfileClaim, "company_name")); [javac] ^ [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. [javac] Note: Some messages have been simplified; recompile with -Xdiags:verbose to get full output [javac] 18 errors BUILD FAILED C:\Users\tkaradimas\Documents\Mendix\SeriousGame-PS-SG_Theodore_MendixSSO\deployment\build_core.xml:30: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 20 seconds I have tried cleaning up the userlib folder but to no avail. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.
asked
4 answers

Was this an upgrade of the existing SSO module?

Offhand, it looks like you have an older version of the com.nimbusds.jose.util.JSONObjectUtils object. Can you check your userlib to see if you have any .jar files that match that or part of the that name? I suspect you have two versions in there.

answered

I ran into the same problem, following Robert Price and Thedore Karadimas' method of removing the old version of“NIMBUS-JOSE-JW” from the“Settings-Deployment”. Robert Price and Thedore Karadimas are my god.Thanks.

answered

It worked for me thanks Robert Price, Thedore and Jon.  

answered

Adding to what Robert said. Removing other conflicting JARs would also be required which helped for me. 

answered