This error occurs when the module tries to index something that isn’t existing, in turn, this error results in the java action not closing the index writer, which is the cause of your second error. Could you maybe share how you configured your searchable objects, as I think it probably due to that configuration. Also, if the configuration is good, I know where to look in the module to publish a fix based on this feedback!
Please let me know, thanks!
I spent a few hours of testing switching different Microflows on and off, changing access rights or adding/removing entity attributes and associations, also starting with a blank domain model, and finally found when this issue happens:
IF I have a generalized entity GeneralRecord1 and a specialized entity SpecialRecord1, SpecialRecord2, etc.
AND I add to the GlobalSearch module only GeneralRecord1 but create specialized records
THEN I get the error above.
IF I add to GlobalSearch only the specialized records
OR all specialized AND the general record
THEN I get no error and the Global search works perfectly fine.
So all good now. But it might be worth adding that warning or note somewhere into the documentation as many developers might use generalized and specialized entities and might be searching across the general or all levels. As it is a "global" search.
Thanks especially to Jody Boelen, the brain behind the GlobalSearch module as thanks to his answers I knew that basically this module works. Also with Mendix 9.9.0. So the issue has to do something with my specific data model or settings.