Hey folks, We implemented the excel exporter module in our app, and it was working until it was upgraded (v.7.0.3 to 7.0.4). Now it is throwing a generic error (Found below) when we attempt to run the existing microflow that implements it’s GenerateExcelDoc java action. What I’ve already done: 1. I’ve gone through and updated the microflow. With the newest version of the module it seems to require that the input and output objects be the same, so I made that change. 2. I read over the documentation one more time and am now committing my input object, despite it being a helper, before calling the GenerateExcelDoc java action, figuring maybe the empty object the error was referring to was the uncommitted helper. 3. I’ve debugged the java action mentioned above, and at no point in it’s execution does it throw an error. After the action finishes is when the error seems to be firing. 4. I’ve gone through the entire UserLib directory and deleted everything, then systematically reinstalled all modules to ensure there are no outdated/stale libraries from previous versions. I realize this step may be a little drastic, but I feel like I’m going crazy at this point. Error Details: An error occurred while executing an action of <Application Name>.<Microflow Name>.actionButton10: Did not expect an argument to be undefined Error: An error occurred while executing an action of <Application Name>.<Microflow Name>.actionButton10: Did not expect an argument to be undefined at http://localhost:8085/mxclientsystem/mxui/mxui.js?637944685308832876:68:130507 at we (http://localhost:8085/mxclientsystem/mxui/mxui.js?637944685308832876:24:6501) at i (http://localhost:8085/mxclientsystem/mxui/mxui.js?637944685308832876:24:6402) at x (http://localhost:8085/mxclientsystem/mxui/mxui.js?637944685308832876:66:5472) Anyone ever ran into this before? Thank you so much for your help in advance.
So, I posted this with the intent to help anyone else who may run into the same issue, but I actually figured it out after typing out my original post and deciding to give it one more try.
I hopped back into eclipse and tried debugging it a few more times. I added in a catch to the main code of the GenerateExcelDoc, thinking maybe that would do anything – it didn’t. I finally set the log levels to Trace on the XLSReport module and Core, and wouldn’t you know, Core was throwing a ‘Not enough permissions’ message after the java action finished executing.
I looked back at the input and output objects (Now the same object) in the java action implementation, and since changing it over to a generalization of FileDocument I hadn’t updated the security. I updated the security as needed and it worked like a charm.
Hope this helps someone in the future and please forgive my foibles!