Import and export stories to and from Mendix Epics (the new beta feature of Sprintr) - Mendix Forum

Import and export stories to and from Mendix Epics (the new beta feature of Sprintr)

I would like to import stories for initially setting up a project and export stories for incremental reporting on project progress in whatever necessary form.

As of today (11-10-2022) Epics is completely self-contained, lacking any import/export or integration features. A relative simple solution where creating story objects with a few attributes (Title, Description, Epic, Tags) is allowed via an import would already provide value to me (and I believe also for others to adopt the feature).

asked
2 answers

Hi,

I very much support Rini’s question here. I can’t speak for Rini, of course, but I can share my thoughts on this.

At the moment I would value the import/export (mostly export) for 2 main reasons:

1. Epics is currently still in Beta. Which effectively means that I stand to lose data if you decide to make some changes that break existing functionality. I want to be able to “rescue” the work we’ve put into Epics by exporting my work to an Excel.
  2. I would like to have an API available so I can combine information from multiple projects in one overview. At the moment Epics works in a ‘per project’ system. We will have situations where our teams our working on multiple projects in one sprint and we need to be able to:
    1. assign stories to the correct project whilst
    2. combine those stories in one sprint overarching the different project.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Created

Hi Rini, we are thinking about the best solution for that right now. Just to understand the problem better, could you please share a bit more about the situation(s) in which you need import and export?

When/why do you find yourself importing stories and from which tool? What do you normally do when preparing reports and what would make your life easier there?

Created