I just uploaded a new version of the LicensePoolManager to the AppStore which solves the problem with ActiveSessions and the use of specializations of Account.
When the tables [message$contact] and [staffteams$staffmember] do not contain required data, you can remove these tables and restart (and synchronize) the project again.
Otherwise, you can safely remove a little part of the SQL queries and execute them directly against the database. Replace the following part:
INSERT INTO [licensepoolmanager$account] ([id], [submetaobjectname]) SELECT * FROM (SELECT [id], [submetaobjectname] FROM [message$contact]) AS U1 UNION SELECT * FROM (SELECT [id], 'StaffTeams.StaffMember' FROM [staffteams$staffmember]) AS U1;
INSERT INTO [licensepoolmanager$account] ([id], [submetaobjectname]) SELECT * FROM (SELECT [id], [submetaobjectname] FROM [message$contact]) AS U1 ;
You see that the second part of the query has to be removed. Now SQL Server accepts the SQL script.
Regarding your issues with the active sessions window, if it does work for you in another (new) project, it sounds to me like there might be a security issue preventing you from seeing the Account objects. Did you update the access rules for the Contact and StaffMember specializations after installing the LPM?
Similar for the missing information in the Account Overview portion, I suspect. I just checked my simple project containing nothing but the LPM where those attributes do get shown, so I suspect there must be some sort of security issue preventing you from seeing them right now.
In response to David's security update on 17 Feb System.User is indeed a bit of a weird case of security rules, since you can't explicitly define access rules for its attributes like you can for 'normal' entities.
One thing you could check for is the rights which your different user roles have to manage users of other ranks. I just did some experimenting around in my own version, and most of the attributes in the Account Overview became empty when I removed rights to manage user roles. So maybe for that issue check your settings for the different user roles to see if they can manage the roles of the users who have 'missing' attributes.
Regarding the Active Sessions window, that window shows Account objects, so even if there's any issues with System.User security, that should only result in the username column being empty, whereas Fullname and the LicensePool should still be visible.
As a result I can see two issues which might be causing the window to stay empty:
Security on the specialized objects you are using (Contact and StaffMember) not being setup correctly to allow for reading the Account attributes. (The absence of the username would be caused by the same System.User issues as above) This might result in a seemingly empty grid filled with objects of which you are not allowed to see any of the attributes which are setup in the grid. (I believe you should be able to see a return of objects from this query in firebug then, despite the list being empty.) Could check access rules to these after using 'Update Security' if you did not do so yet.
Somehow the LastOnline attribute is not set correctly by the java action (When you open Active Sessions a JavaAction is called which updates the LastOnline attribute of all online accounts to the current date time, after which the grid is constrained to users for which the LastOnline attribute is within 15 seconds of the current date time. What you could check:
I did some googling, it appears that SQL error 8155 indicates the lack of a supplied alias for a column. (See also http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa226404%28SQL.80%29.aspx)
I'm not an expert on databases, but from this I guess it might be worthwhile to double check if the database query is completely valid.
To investigate further, I have taken a new simple project that seems to be working OK - you can see the active sessions. I added a new entity Contact and made it a specialization of licencepoolmanager/account. New records created through the Contact form do not show up under Active Sessions when they are logged in. I will file a bug report and add this project to it