SSO login redirects to guest home page.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t the one who set up SSO for this project, so I don’t know all the things happening behind the scenes. I have tried to look at it a little to see how it works.   I have a problem that if you open up the site as a guest user (anonymous user), and then login (through SSO), it redirects back to the same page as before. However, if you open up the sign in page directly, then it goes to the correct page. So the SSO portion of the project does work. For some reason, however, if I open the site as an anonymous user first, then sign in, it still thinks I’m an anonymous user after signing in.  Likely the site did not create a new session for the logged in user. However, since I’m not sure what’s happening behind the scenes, I’m not sure how to get the site to create a new session.   Would someone know how to get the site to create a new session, or otherwise have a solution?
asked
2 answers

Hi Michael Champenois,

The reason you are getting this error because there could be a slight error in your show home microflow. The best way to tackle the problem is add a breakpoint in that microflow’s first activity and check the value in variables tab.

I think after the anonymous user completes the sign up you can call a microflow on sign up button where you apply logic to register the user and at the end you can use show page activity to redirect it to desired page.

I am attaching a screenshot for your reference. Here I have checked for a value and redirected to that page.

Hope it helps and let me know if you have any questions around that.

All the best!!

answered

It turns out that SAML created a new version that fixed the problem.

I also went ahead and followed these instructions for deleting old jar dependencies. These instructions exist on the release notes for about half of the SAML releases, but not for the new release that fixed the login problem. However, I went ahead and deleted the old jar dependencies by navingating to the userlib folder in file explorer, searching ‘SAML’, and deleting the results.

answered