How to add power bi in mendix?
Hi, can someone explain step by step how to add power bi in mendix?
The most straightforward way of doing this is adding an iframe to the page using the AppStore app ‘Iframe’.
- Have your PowerBI tool expose the report(s) that you want to integrate into you Mendix app, for instance ‘Reportxyz’;
- Download ‘Iframe’ to your project;
- Add the iframe widget to a page;
- Create an entity called Iframe with an attribute ‘URL’;
- Set the data source of the widget to a datasource-microflow, logically named DS_Iframe_CreateForReportxyz;
- Have the DS_Iframe_Create create an object of entity Iframe and set the attribute URL to the Url ‘Reportxyz’;
Of course this has the known disadvantages of an iframe:
- not responsive, so no scaling of the iframe window to match the available space;
- separate authentication, so your user might need to give her credentials again. This is no problem if your app and the PowerBI app both are using SSO;
- no (direct) interaction between the Mendix app and the PowerBI app
If those drawbacks are a showstopper for you, then you will need to create your own widget.
Pictures say more than a thousand words:
And the datasource microflow:
Tim van Steenbergen