Merge SVN failure

Using Modeller version 7.23.8 I created a Branch to undertake an upgrade to MendixSSO (from AppCloudServices) and Atlas_UI (from UI_Resources). Once things were working in the Branch I tried to Merge the Branch back into the Main Line (both at 7.23.8). Unfortunately the merge failed with the following feedback. I’m at a loss as to know how to proceed – any assistance will be gratefully received. SharpSvn.SvnSystemException: Error retrieving REPORT (730054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.     at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets)    at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Merge[TRevisionRange](String targetPath, SvnTarget source, ICollection`1 mergeRange, SvnMergeArgs args)    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.<>c__DisplayClass67_0.<Merge>b__0(ISvnClient c) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build@4\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 872    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.PathClientDo(String workingCopyPath, Action`1 action) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build@4\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 903    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevMerger.SvnMerge(RevMergeState state, IProgressInfo info) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build@4\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View\VersionControl\RevMerger.cs:line 353
asked
1 answers

If nothing has changed in the Mainline whilst you have been toying in your branch, there is this option:

• Copy directory <projectdirectory-main>/.svn to <projectdirectory-branch>/.svn
  • Open the project from <projectdirectory-branch>/yourproject.mpr
  • Commit

You will notice that it will commit to the main, whilst having all the changes you made in the branch.

NB. Make backups of the folders if you want, although not realy necersary since your project is version-controled by svn, so you can always go back to any previous branch or main-commit.

answered