Lose focus with multiple CKEditor

Hey guys, I have a pop-up page with multiple CKEditor fields as show in the picture below. The problem is that whenever I want to type something in the first CKEditor field, the focus goes to the second field. Unless I first click on bold, italic, etc. or hold my mouse inside the field.    Can somebody help me with this strange bug? Thanks in advance.
asked
9 answers

When you are not afraid to modify the widget yourself you can modify the CKEditorForMendix.js file in the widget.

Change line 156 from:

var content = $(".cke_contents", this.domNode);

to:

var content = $("." + this.id + " .cke_contents");

This solved the issue for me.

answered

I know this is a bit of a cop-out, but I added a CKEditor Viewer for each of my fields on the main screen.  I then added buttons to edit each one in a separate pop-up page.  Not ideal, but it gets around the problem.

answered

Proposed changes in Github….

answered

I’ve got the same problem. I’m using separate attributes.

answered

I have the exact same issue. Anyone has found the magic trick ?

Many thanks in advance

answered

Same problem.  Different attributes as well.  I’ve also noticed the mendix-recommended rich text editor steals focus (even if there is only one rich text field on the page).  

answered

Hi

I have also the same issue. Would be nice if this widget would be updated!

Thanks Stephan  

answered

I'm affraid to be next in line who is suffering with the same issue. Is there already anyone who found a solution for this problem?

answered

Another work-around would be to create a “Tab-container”-Widget and put every ckeditor into its own Tab. Works for me and is not as invasive as a pop-up for every input-field. (imo)

answered