What would make you attend Mendix World 2020?
If I'm still part of the Mendix community I will definitely attend.
Which presentations or topics do you want to see/hear about?
- SDK usage workshop, learn how to do useful things outside Mendix with the SDK
- Multitenancy architecture approach, how to optimize it to reduce cost and prepare for minimal impact releases.
- A look under the hood, how Mendix approaches the release and creation process of a new feature inside the Mendix platform.
Next to presentations/breakouts, what other activities would you like to see?
- I would like to be able to charge my laptop and sit down to work/show some stuff to people on it. There was literally no public power sockets during Mendix 2019, except for those free somewhere down the hallways in the venue, which were probably used by cleaners to hook up a vacuum cleaner or something.
- Team battle (open hackathon), give 2 expert teams the same challenge and set them up in rooms so they can't spy on each other, show progress and end goal on big displays on the outside. Allow for anyone to join the team and develop a part of the application or help make a feature let it run through the entire conference, allow for citizen developers / customers / product owners / designers to join a group, if you join a team you get a shirt in that colour and can't join the other team after, limit joining by equality of team size and only show primary team members.
- Public Roadmap wall, display "non top secret" features or features revealed during mendix world and allow for public votes and commenting to change the directions of Mendix, feedback from the community and developers and allowing for giving priority.
What would make this an unforgettable event for you?
- New Mendix swag, with the new Mendix Studio logo I had already expected there to be a black hoodie.
- Easier ways to connect with people that are trying to do the same things as me during the conference, if I want to find a job I want to be able to find the recruiters, if I want to find people that want to collaborate learn about widget development i want to be able to find them in the conference floor. Give people an easier way to approach me / know about me.