display data on dataview retrived from database

i have Question as my  Entity My questions are stored in my database..i want to retrive all the questions and display in dataview widget how can i achive this. because in listview  it has the in built functionality to retrive data from database.. i am trying to with microflow and action is retrive but it is not working
asked
2 answers

You can only display one single Object of your entity in a dataview. If you want to show “all” question objects, you can only do this in a DataGrid, TemplateGrid or ListView.
If you want to show a single Object, you can do this in a dataview. You can retrieve it via an association from the object wrapped around your dataview (but this only works if the assiciation is 1-1 or *-1) or by doing it in a microflow. But you need to return one single object and not a list.

answered

Most easy way is to go to the Domain model, right click on the entity and ‘Generate overview pages’. That will give you pages Question_Overview and Question_NewEdit. The first will have a datagrid containing the answers.

NB. A Dataview that you mention, only shows one object of the entity.

answered