How to connect SQL Server instance on own machine for Local Modeller
how to connect from your local Modeler to connect to a SQL Server instance on your own machine
Here are some steps to follow:
- (Assuming you have SQL Server installed and running locallay
- Create an empty database in SQL Server Management Studio
- In the modeler, in the Project Explorer expand the "Project" tree
- Double-click settings
- In the Configurations tab, click the New button
- In the Database tab:
- Select Microsoft SQL Server under the Type dropdown
- Enter the database name, URL (localhost:1433 usually for SQL Server)
- Enter username and password or choose integrated security
- Click OK
- Make your new configuration active by clicking the 'Make Active' button
- Start your app. Mendix will automatically create the data structures necessary to match your project's domain model.
This part of the how-to article on using Postgres locally may also be helpful.
Not sure if you want to connect to a SQL server and retrieve data or that you want your modeler to use a SQL DB as a default DB. for the last option,
You can configure this in your project settings, create a new configuration and choose the DB type you want.