Reference selector on edit account page

Hi all, The problem I am running into is this: In my app I have the entity Account that has a 1-1 association with the entity Employee. The entity Employee has a 1-* association with the entity Plant (one Plant can have multiple Employees associated). On the page for editing the Account entity there is a reference selector that allows for editing the Employee_Plant association. The drop-down version of the reference selector works, but the select-via-page version of the reference selector does not work on this edit Account page. It does work on one of the pages used for creating a new Account. When running my app locally and editing an Account, the reference selector does not show the Plant that is already associated with the Account via Employee. It does open the select page and allows for selecting a Plant (the select data grid is single selection). After clicking the Select button the select page closes as expected but there is still no Plant shown in the reference selector. Trying to save the Account (either with or without changing the Plant) triggers the Employee_Plant = empty validation message. When closing the page by cancelling briefly the 'old' Plant (already associated before the edit Account page was opened) flashes on the screen before the screen closes. I can't seem to find anything in the logging in the Mendix Modeler when running the app. When looking in the browser console it logs 'mendix.sys.Data.getBacktrack: zero paths for backtracking, aborting  mxui.js?636566328620722221:5' There is also the ShowByCondition widget on the edit Account page and relevant new Account page, both at least two times, if that is relevant. Thanks in advance for any help!   EDIT: I spoke not clearly enough. Changing the problematic reference selector from a select page to a drop-down does not result in a working drop-down, it still doesn't work. What does work is that on the same page I also have a drop-down that edits the same Employee_Plant association (it is visible to different user roles and has a different Selectable Objects). Changing the working drop-down to the select page also results in a working select page.   EDIT2: Please find below some requested screen prints.
asked
2 answers

Jeroen,

Does your reference selector have any constraints in the Selectable Objects tab?  If so, these constraints my be preventing the display of the selected value for this reference.  If the Selectable Objects excludes the currently selected object, you won't see it.  As to why this is different using a page vs. a dropdown - I would start looking at the select page.  Maybe the select page is including some objects that should be excluded based on your Selectable Objects constraints.

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered

How did you implement the restrictions on the selectable roles? Fully via associations or maybe there are xpath/attribute comparisons, where typo's (eg uPperCASE LoWercase issues)  cause your problem?

answered