A JSONObject text must begin with { at 1 [character 2 line 1]

I'm working on  a sandbox application. The mobile app is available in the AppStore. But suddenly the following error showed up in the mobile app installed on iPhone:           A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 1 [character 2 line 1] This is what I could find in the log: ‎08‎:‎51‎:‎16 app ERROR Connector: Invalid JSON request: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 1 [character 2 line 1]   And this is what I found out so far:  1. It happens on a mobile devices not in a desktop browser 2. It happens on pages with images only. One or more image(s) won't be displayed after the error.  3. I'm afraid it has something to do with a mobile device specific widget. I removed most of the widgets after the error showed up but maybe some of the widgets changed  4. I'm afraid it has something to do with a mobile device specific widget or something. I removed most of the widgets after the error showed up but maybe some of the widgets changed. 5. It only happens ones in a while. Somethimes it doesn't generate the error. 6. A second problem, maybe got something to do with this, is that the images won't be enlarged when opend. Also a pdf document opens in a different view then it used to.   Is there anything I can do to find out where this problem comes from? Or is there a way to restore java files?  PS: A link to the APP: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/omgevingsapp/id1272093221?mt=8
asked
3 answers

Hi Rudi,

It's a Mendix platform bug. This issue will be fixed in the next Mendix release, I believe.

I had the same problem in a basic app I built (without widgets). It shows the same error on iOS as you described above. On Android it works fine.

answered

Used an old version with a different name of the application in mendix. Build a test .ipa with phonegap. No error and when pressed on the image enlarge like it should. So something changed in my mendix project. I don't know how to find this change tough.

answered

I do have exactly the same error. It looks like it happens on pages with a listview. It does not always popup, but when it does most of the time an icon is missing. I'm using Fontawesome 5 icons in the listview with HTML snippets. 

Didn't find a solution so far.

@Robert: do you know if there is a supportticket for this? And maybe a possible work around?

answered