Java compile problems with up-to-date AppStore modules ??
When moving to 7.5.1 we actualized several things from the AppStore, amongst those the CommunityCommons (invaluable, needed) and the Excelimporter. Whilst the modeler shows no more errors, when trying to run locally I get these: compile: [javac] Compiling 371 source files to C:\Mendix\AVT + LAP-Conversie567\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Mendix\AVT + LAP-Conversie567\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:660: error: unreported exception COSVisitorException; must be caught or declared to be thrown [javac] overlay.overlay(new HashMap<Integer, String>()).save(baos); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Mendix\AVT + LAP-Conversie567\javasource\excelimporter\reader\readers\ExcelReader.java:127: error: incompatible types: try-with-resources not applicable to variable type [javac] POIFSFileSystem poifs = new POIFSFileSystem(content); [javac] ^ [javac] (POIFSFileSystem cannot be converted to AutoCloseable) [javac] C:\Mendix\AVT + LAP-Conversie567\javasource\excelimporter\reader\readers\ExcelReader.java:184: error: incompatible types: try-with-resources not applicable to variable type suggestions??
Lex van Rooy
I agree with Fabian. What you can try is:
1. Try to import the CommunityCommons in your project.
2. When you try to import a module that you already have, mendix will warn you that some libraries are repeating.
3. Make a note of this libraries that are duplicated and stop the import.
4. Manually delete all of these libraries from your userlib folder
5. Manually delete the module-package from the javascource folder.
6. Now import the CommunityCommons module again. You should no longer see any repeating libraries.
Hope this helps,
Most of the time this is caused by having multipe versions of the same java library in your /userlib folder. Try deleting all old ones.