Running custom jar in java action in Mendix

I'd like to run some code from an apache commons jar, specifically the sha256Hex function form org.apache.commons.codec.digest.DigestUtils.  I have downloaded the appropriate jar file (commons-codec-1.10.jar) and put it in the userlib directory of my project. Next I set up a java action that contains the following code (see below). However, I still get an error in mendix runtime that it can't find the function in the jar-file: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.codec.digest.DigestUtils.sha256Hex Update: Problem was caused by the fact that I also had a commons-codec-1.3 from the CommunityCommons-project in my userlib directory. I removed that one and it works now, but I was wondering if the problem won't return if I update the CommunityCommons in my app. Anyone has any advise on that?   Java action: import org.apache.commons.codec.digest.DigestUtils; import com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.IContext; import com.mendix.webui.CustomJavaAction; public class HashProper extends CustomJavaAction<java.lang.String> { private java.lang.String Password; public HashProper(IContext context, java.lang.String Password) { super(context); this.Password = Password; } @Override public java.lang.String executeAction() throws Exception { // BEGIN USER CODE String sha256Hex = DigestUtils.sha256Hex(this.Password); return sha256Hex; // END USER CODE } /** * Returns a string representation of this action */ @Override public java.lang.String toString() { return "HashProper"; } // BEGIN EXTRA CODE // END EXTRA CODE }  
asked
2 answers

Use Eclipse. It will fix your build path and it will suggest that you need to import certain functions from the library.

answered

Tom,

Just tried your code and setup in a clean project and this works fine.

Could it be that you have multiple versions of the commons-codec jar file in the user lib?

answered