I just did this in a small test project. Here's what I did:
- found a public tableau dashboard (I used this one: https://public.tableau.com/views/2016_177/2016?:embed=y&:loadOrderID=0&:display_count=yes
- At the bottom of the dashboard, clicked the share icon
- copied the URL from the share pane in tableau
- created an attribute on an entity in Mendix to hold the URL, made the above URL the default value for this attribute
- added the iFrame widget to my app
- put the iFrame widget on a page in Mendix within a dataview pointed to my entity
- configured the iFrame widget to point to my new attribute
When I started up my app, the dashboard above was embedded on the page.
Hope that helps,
If you can access the dashboard via URL, then the IFrame widget could work for you. Here's how to set it up:
Let us know how that goes!
Thanks a lot for your help Eric and Mike! It works just fine!