Flat File Interface- Mendix 5.21 Version error

I am getting below error when I try to export All Definition from Flat File Module.   com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: Creating XML with a null parameter is not allowed when parameter is not optional or nillable (http://www.mendix.com/:DefinitionListResponse|InterfaceDefinition|LastRunTime attribute: FlatFileInterface.InterfaceDefinition.LastRunTime)     at FFIDefinitionManager.ExportToXML (ImportXML : 'Export XML document (NewDefinitionList)') Advanced stacktrace:     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowUtil.processException(MicroflowUtil.java:143) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Creating XML with a null parameter is not allowed when parameter is not optional or nillable (http://www.mendix.com/:DefinitionListResponse|InterfaceDefinition|LastRunTime attribute: FlatFileInterface.InterfaceDefinition.LastRunTime)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter.handleNullMapping(XMLExporter.scala:144)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter.com$mendix$integration$xmlexporter$XMLExporter$$handleValueMapping(XMLExporter.scala:153)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter$$anonfun$handleChildMappingElements$1.apply(XMLExporter.scala:120)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter$$anonfun$handleChildMappingElements$1.apply(XMLExporter.scala:117)     at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:743)     at scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1174)     at scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:72)     at scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter.handleChildMappingElements(XMLExporter.scala:117)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter.com$mendix$integration$xmlexporter$XMLExporter$$exportMendixObject(XMLExporter.scala:92)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter$$anonfun$handleObjectMappingElement$1.apply(XMLExporter.scala:231)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter$$anonfun$handleObjectMappingElement$1.apply(XMLExporter.scala:231)     at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:383)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter.handleObjectMappingElement(XMLExporter.scala:231)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter.com$mendix$integration$xmlexporter$XMLExporter$$handleMappingElementContainerElement(XMLExporter.scala:206)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter$$anonfun$handleChildMappingElements$1.apply(XMLExporter.scala:128)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter$$anonfun$handleChildMappingElements$1.apply(XMLExporter.scala:117)     at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:743)     at scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1174)     at scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:72)     at scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter.handleChildMappingElements(XMLExporter.scala:117)     at com.mendix.integration.xmlexporter.XMLExporter.export(XMLExporter.scala:50)     at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.ExportXMLAction.serializeToTempFile(ExportXMLAction.scala:78)     at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.ExportXMLAction.exportToFile(ExportXMLAction.scala:68)     at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.ExportXMLAction.execute(ExportXMLAction.scala:45)     at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.ExportXMLAction.execute(ExportXMLAction.scala:23)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.java:47)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.java:192)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.java:149)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:49)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(CoreAction.java:260)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:248)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager$1.execute(ActionManager.java:188)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:194)     at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:386)     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:135)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply$mcV$sp(ClientRequestHandler.scala:318)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply(ClientRequestHandler.scala:311)     at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply(ClientRequestHandler.scala:311)     at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2$$anon$1.execute(ActionDispatching.scala:145)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32)     at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(ActionDispatching.scala:147)     at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:191)     at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(ActionDispatching.scala:141)     at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465)     at com.mendix.core.session.Worker.aroundReceive(ActionDispatching.scala:137)     at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516)     at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487)     at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238)     at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220)     at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:393)     at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)     at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)     at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)     at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)   LastRunTime is displayed by Module under Scheduling tab. If I set the value. this error will not occur. It next check for "StartPosition" Attribute of "ColumnDefinition" Entity. I am using Delimited File Type, For which "StartPosition" is not used. How can I fix this issue.   1. Are these ASttibutes are made mandatory in XSD , thats why there are  made manadatory? If so How can modify the XSD. 2. I am able to see that "FlatFileInterfaceDefinitionXSD" WSDL contains these fileds are not nillable and not optional. So If I check the check box to make it nullable. Its not making any difference while exporting XML. Is it error is linked to this file?   Any suggestion this?  
asked
2 answers

I just checked the functionality with a Mx 5.21.1 modeler. I created a definition for delimited and one for fixed length.

Both definitions are never used sot hte last runtime field is not set.

Then I exported the definitions and imported the produce xml files, this results in imported definitions without errors.

Is the module upgraded from a previous Mendix version or download fresh from the app store?

If upgraded it might be worth getting the new version from the app store

Another option is to create a microflow that has the definition as input and output.

Publish this microflow as web service operation.

Edit the operation under the return type tab of the web service.

Check all fields that you need and set the nillable and optional options.

Use the export option on the settings tab:

Now you have the xsd that you need.

Use this xsd as source for the xml schema: InterfaceDefinition

Update the mappings and you should no longer run into any errors.

answered

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for reply. I am able to uncheck Last Run time Attribute in XML to Domain. But I am unable to uncheck the Field in Domain to XMl. I am getting error as below: Element 'DefinitionListResponse/InterfaceDefinition/LastRunTime' cannot be unchecked, because it occurs at least once.

answered