How can I get sidebar menu scrolling to work correctly

I use the Sidebar_Full_Responsive default navigation layout a lot. However, when the list of items of the menu is larger then a certain window height (appr 2/3 of the menu-list, depending on the number of items in the menu), the bottom menu-items disappear, but the scroll bar does not appear yet. If you make the height even more smaller, then at a certain point the scroll bar does appears, BUT it still does not help making the bottom items visible. It is not only reproductable in my projects but also in the demo apps from the appstore, like push notifications. I have it in Firefox and Chrome and IE. I checked the css: height=100% and overflow-y is set to auto. What can I do to fix this? I had it in all V6 Modelers
asked
3 answers

Problem is fixed by Mendix, download new theme from appstore:

https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/2199/Mendix/Mendix-Theme

In lib.css, this is the new code for the region-sidebar, height is removed, bottom 0 px,top is required to move the menu down below the heading:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
  .layout-sidebar-responsive .region-sidebar-fixed {
    position: fixed;
    top: 60px;
    bottom: 0;
    z-index: 10;
    display: block;
    overflow-x: hidden;
    overflow-y: auto;
    padding: 0;
  }
}

answered

I've indeed seen this problem to. Although I don't know how to fix this yet, you could consider decreasing the padding on the menu items so that they'll fit onto the sidebar.

answered

I have come closer to the source of the problem: it only occurs with the Sidebar_Full_Responsive lay-out. The Sidebar-Left layout does  not have the problem. So it has to do with the way the containers on the content part of the lay-out are handled. Do not know if it is a bug or can be fixed with styling (combination of region-sidebar, region-sidebar-fixed  and hidden-xs?).

answered