Problem starting Mendix

Hello, When I try to open Mendix after (sucessful) installation, I get an "unexpected error" message. I tried to install versions 5.15.1, 5.15.0, 5.14.2 and 5.14.1. I also tried to install Mendix in different directories. Furthermore, I found on another forum that I had to change my decimal symbol to "." instead of ",". This did not help either. The error that I get is: "an unknown error has occured during modeler startup. Please file a bug report containing the details of this error. Error details: SimpleInjector.ActivationException: The registered delegate for type IMainForm threw an exception. The registered delegate for type IModelerGui threw an exception. The file exists. ---> SimpleInjector.ActivationException: The registered delegate for type IModelerGui threw an exception. The file exists. ---> System.IO.IOException: The file exists. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost) at Mendix.Modeler.Projects.SystemModule.LoadSystemModule() in c:\jenkins\workspace\AppStudio-Modeler\src\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Projects\Modules\SystemModule.cs:line 86 at Mendix.Modeler.ModelerCore..ctor(IAssemblySource assemblySource, IProjectManager projectManager) in c:\jenkins\workspace\AppStudio-Modeler\src\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Core\ModelerCore.cs:line 53 at Mendix.Modeler.ModelerGui..ctor(IAssemblySource assemblySource, IProjectManager projectManager, IMxIDConnector mxIDConnector, IDeployer deployer, IFindAdvancedDialogManager findAdvancedDialogManager, IDevSettingsProvider devSettingsProvider, IModelerSettingsManager modelerSettingsManager, IEnvironmentProvider environmentProvider, ISprintrConnector sprintrConnector, IModelerVersionProvider modelerVersionProvider, IGuiThreadExecutor guiThreadExecutor) in c:\jenkins\workspace\AppStudio-Modeler\src\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Core\Gui\ModelerGui.cs:line 53 at lambda_method(Closure ) at SimpleInjector.Lifestyles.SingletonLifestyle.SingletonLifestyleRegistrationBase1.CreateInstanceWithNullCheck() at System.Lazy1.CreateValue() at System.Lazy1.LazyInitValue() at SimpleInjector.Lifestyles.SingletonLifestyle.SingletonLifestyleRegistrationBase1.BuildExpression() at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildExpression(InstanceProducer producer) at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildExpressionInternal() at System.Lazy1.CreateValue() at System.Lazy1.LazyInitValue() at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildExpression() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildExpression() at SimpleInjector.ContainerOptions.BuildParameterExpression(ParameterInfo parameter) at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildConstructorParameters(ConstructorInfo constructor) at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildNewExpression(Type serviceType, Type implementationType) at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildTransientExpressionTService,TImplementation at SimpleInjector.Lifestyles.SingletonLifestyle.SingletonLifestyleRegistrationBase1.CreateInstanceWithNullCheck() at System.Lazy1.CreateValue() at System.Lazy1.LazyInitValue() at SimpleInjector.Lifestyles.SingletonLifestyle.SingletonLifestyleRegistrationBase1.BuildExpression() at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildExpression(InstanceProducer producer) at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildExpressionInternal() at System.Lazy1.CreateValue() at System.Lazy1.LazyInitValue() at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildInstanceCreator() at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.GetInstance() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.GetInstance() at SimpleInjector.Container.GetInstanceTService at Mendix.Modeler.WindowsGui.CompositionRoot.ResolveMainForm() in c:\jenkins\workspace\AppStudio-Modeler\src\Mendix.Modeler.WindowsGui\CompositionRoot.cs:line 187 at Mendix.Modeler.WindowsGui.Program.InitModeler() in c:\jenkins\workspace\AppStudio-Modeler\src\Mendix.Modeler.WindowsGui\Program.cs:line 89 Could you help me with this?
asked
2 answers

It looks like you reached a Windows limit! At Modeler startup a temporary file is created but this fails. You can fix this by cleaning your temp directory. The quickest way is probably to run Disk Cleanup and make sure "Temporary files" is checked:

• Hit the Windows key
  • Type 'Disk cleanup' and Enter
  • Check all check boxes
  • Press OK
answered

Thank you very much, the problem is solved! --> Remark: Not only " temporary files should be checked, this did not work. When I tried it again with all of the boxes checked, it did work.

answered