Attaching documents to the Feedback API ws

For the current project I am working on it was required to translate and customize the feedback widget by adding a couple of extra fields. After a quick forum search the conclusion was to use the mendix Feedback API as the feedback widget is not easily customisable (as far as I know). The widget available in the app-store did not seem to work with the current modeler version, so I ended up using the ws for the mendix feedback API instead. With the ws I was able to send feedback items directly to the test project I set up. However I found out that attaching documents was not possible. There is no field in the WSDL of the Feedback API that allows for the attachment of documents. I could try to add an encoded file to the description of the feedback, but I have no clue how the feedback API handles that. Does anybody have a way of attaching screenshots/documents to the Feedback API ws? Or is this not possible currently? Any other suggestions on customizing the feedback widget are welcome as well.
asked
2 answers

A possible solution for sending a document via a webservice: You could use the CommunitCommons java action Base64EncodeFile to save your file as a string. Then you can send the string with the webservice. Add the receiving side you can use the java action Base64DecodeToFile to convert the string to a file again.

Good luck!

answered

Feature requested: https://forum.mendix.com/link/ideas/1458

answered