Extra HTML code being generated in IE

I recently upgraded application to 5.7.0.1. I am noticing some strange behavior in IE (of course). Scenario: Modeler I am using a snippet which contains a table with three rows. The first row is always visible. The second and third rows are conditionally visible on different values of the same attribute. Both rows contain the same three cells. The first cell is a text area, the second cell is a static label, and the third cell is a single line text field. Row 2 is editable, row 3 is not editable. Between rows 2 and 3, only one row can be shown at a time. Browser This is how the snippet gets rendered in the browsers: In IE, there is an extra text area below the expected one. This extra text field does not show up in Chrome. Viewing the code, you can see the hidden row is being rendered properly in HTML in both browsers, however, in IE, an extra <textarea> is being added to the HTML that does not appear in Chrome. Any thoughts? UPDATE This issue is caused by the property "Grow Automatically" being set to Yes in a text area input widget. Ticket 203606 has been opened for this bug. UPDATE2 Dear Imran Kasam, We are happy to inform you, your request (203606) has been planned for implementation in an upcoming Release; barring unforeseen circumstances it will be released within 2 months. Kind regards, Mendix Support | support@mendix.com
asked
2 answers

Hi Imram,

It seems that this issue is not introduced by the HtmlSnippet, but by the textarea itself. I suggest filing a support ticket at support.mendix.com. Probably you do not even need a html snippet for a proper reproduction.

answered

This issue is caused by the property "Grow Automatically" being set to Yes in a text area input widget. Ticket 203606 has been opened for this bug.

UPDATE Dear Imran Kasam,

We are happy to inform you, your request (203606) has been planned for implementation in an upcoming Release; barring unforeseen circumstances it will be released within 2 months.

Kind regards,

Mendix Support | support@mendix.com

answered