Hello Mendix community: A couple of weeks ago, I asked a question related to detecting changes in a calendar event and rolling those changes back if the updated event did not meet certain criteria. Thanks to responses to my query, I am now beyond that point. However, I find that I now have another question related to "On change" behavior of the calendar widget. In particular, an existing event can be changed in the GUI in two ways: You can click an drag the entire event to a new location so that both the start and end change, but the duration of the event does not change. This seems to reliably call the microflow specified by the "Microflow to trigger on change" property. You can also click and drag the "tail end" of the existing event to either shorten or lengthen the duration of the event, but leaving the start time the same. While this appears to change the event in the GUI, it doesn't seem to ever call the microflow specified by the "Microflow to trigger on change" property and it doesn't seem to update the underlying event in the database. I would have thought that this second scenario also constitutes a change to the original event. It changes the end datetime and the resulting event duration, but doesn't change the start datetime. Am I confused in thinking that this also constitutes a change? And that it should also call the microflow specified by the "Microflow to trigger on charge" property? Or am I simply confused? Thanks for your consideration, John
Sounds like a bug or oversight in the calendar widget. Can you file a bug report for this in our support system?
I had a quick look at the latest version of the Calendar, which seesm to have been completely rewritten from earlier versions, There are a number of changes that meant that it was easier for me to revert to an earlier version of the Calendar widget. From memory, the ones that stopped me using the new version were:
a) The New Event Reference now needs to be a reference set, where in earlier versions it was just a reference association
b) The Title attribute now needs to be an attribute from the main entity, whereas before it could be an attribute from a related entity. So for example, my appointment is linked to a Company record. I used to be able to use the Company name as the Title, but this is no longer possible.
It looks like there may also be other changes that were not immediately obvious.