How to use a custom requesthandler

I have been trying for several hours now, and I'm done with it. Documentation in very limited and in my opinion poor. I have been reading the article about the requesthandler, but I think this is not complete at all. I mean I miss information how to implement a custom request handler. Based on the forum threath I tried to implement something like this, but I have been struggling with error for many hours, so it is time to ask for help. I also read this blog, but although the text is clear I MISS information. My questions are, WHERE do I create the class file (which folder) and what is in it. I takes to much time to write all the error's down. In the documentation I cannot find anything about how to implement something like this. Maybe someone got the following information: Where to put the custom handler file What name has to be used. I got errors on naming the file has a different name then the class I use (filename = reloadSecurity, class = public class ReloadSecurityRequestHandler overwriting the requestHandler). How to call the request handler ( I currently have a MF which is called at startup. Code I user: / Other code you write will be lost the next time you deploy the project. // Special characters, e.g., é, ö, à, etc. are supported in comments. package myfirstmodule.actions; import com.mendix.core.Core; import com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestHandler; import com.mendix.m2ee.api.IMxRuntimeRequest; import com.mendix.m2ee.api.IMxRuntimeResponse; import com.mendix.m2ee.log.ILogNode; import com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction; import com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.ISession; import com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.IContext; import myfirstmodule.ReloadSecurityRequestHandler; /** * Bedoeld om te zorgen dat bij een autorisatieaanpassing de security reset om de goede menukeuzes te tonen */ public class InitSecurity extends UserAction<boolean> { public InitSecurity() { super(); } @Override public Boolean executeAction() throws Exception { // BEGIN USER CODE Core.addRequestHandler("reloadSecurity/", new ReloadSecurityRequestHandler()); return true; // END USER CODE } /** * Returns a string representation of this action */ @Override public String toString() { return "InitSecurity"; } // BEGIN EXTRA CODE // END EXTRA CODE } This code is called in the startup Requesthandler // BEGIN EXTRA CODE public class ReloadSecurityRequestHandler extends RequestHandler { @Override public void processRequest(IMxRuntimeRequest request, IMxRuntimeResponse response, String arg2) throws Exception { String curSession = request.getCookie(XAS_SESSION_ID); String userName = request.getParameter("userName"); ISession currentMxSession = Core.getActiveSession(userName); if(currentMxSession.getId().toString().equals(curSession)) { IContext systemContext = Core.createSystemContext(); ISession newSession = Core.initializeSession(systemContext, Core.getUser(systemContext, userName), curSession,"nl_NL"); response.addCookie(XAS_SESSION_ID, newSession.getId().toString(),"/" ,"" ,-1 ); response.addCookie(XAS_ID, "0." + Core.getXASId(),"/" ,"" ,-1); Core.logout(currentMxSession); } response.setStatus(IMxRuntimeResponse.SEE_OTHER); response.addHeader("location", "../index.html"); } private static final String XAS_ID = "XASID"; } saved in a file called "reloadSecurity.java" in de home folder of the project. So one folder higher than actions, dataset and proxies. When compiling I get: Buildfile: C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\ProefProject\deployment\build.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 2 source files to C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\ProefProject\deployment\model\lib\bin [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\ProefProject\javasource\myfirstmodule\reloadSecurity.java:13: class ReloadSecurityRequestHandler is public, should be declared in a file named ReloadSecurityRequestHandler.java [javac] public class ReloadSecurityRequestHandler extends RequestHandler [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\ProefProject\javasource\myfirstmodule\actions\InitSecurity.java:20: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class ReloadSecurityRequestHandler [javac] location: package myfirstmodule [javac] import myfirstmodule.ReloadSecurityRequestHandler; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\ProefProject\javasource\myfirstmodule\actions\InitSecurity.java:36: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class ReloadSecurityRequestHandler [javac] location: class myfirstmodule.actions.InitSecurity [javac] Core.addRequestHandler("reloadSecurity/", new ReloadSecurityRequestHandler()); [javac] ^ [javac] 3 errors BUILD FAILED C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\ProefProject\deployment\build.xml:62: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. I have been unable to get to work. Any help appreciated.
asked
3 answers

Stephan,

You just create 1 java action from the modeler. In the user code section add the requesthandler code:

// BEGIN USER CODE
Core.addRequestHandler("reloadSecurity/", new ReloadSecurityRequestHandler());
return true;
// END USER CODE

then in the extra code section you add:

public class ReloadSecurityRequestHandler extends RequestHandler { @Override public void processRequest(IMxRuntimeRequest request, IMxRuntimeResponse response, String arg2) throws Exception {

String curSession = request.getCookie(XAS_SESSION_ID);
    System.out.println("current session: "+curSession);
    String userName = request.getParameter("userName");
    ISession currentMxSession = Core.getActiveSession(userName);

if(currentMxSession.getId().toString().equals(curSession)){
        IContext systemContext = Core.createSystemContext();

ISession newSession = Core.initializeSession(systemContext, Core.getUser(systemContext, userName), curSession,"nl_NL");
        response.addCookie(XAS_SESSION_ID, newSession.getId().toString(),"/" ,"" ,-1 );
        response.addCookie(XAS_ID, "0." + Core.getXASId(),"/" ,"" ,-1);

Core.logout(currentMxSession);
    }

response.setStatus(IMxRuntimeResponse.SEE_OTHER);
    response.addHeader("location", "../index.html");
}

private static final String XAS_ID = "XASID";
}

This java action you call in a microflow that you add as the after startup MF and the same code is called after changing the user role (this is in your second microflow).

answered

Hi Erwin, thanks for the reply. We already tried what you suggested, even followed the instructions use by Herbert in his post. However we still get a file not found error.

According the blog mentioned in my first post one should be able to call the registered handler like

http://localhost:8080/name-of-handler

If I try this in our app, still got the file-not-found error

http://localhost:8080:reloadSecurity?UserName={name-of-user}

So either we don't configure is right of miss some other info. Any thoughts?

answered

Hi Erwin,

just wanted to let you know that the problem was not the java-file but the redirect URL we use (according to Herberts post). This URL was http://localhost:8080:reloadSecurity?UserName={name-of-user} but should be http://localhost:8080:reloadSecurity/reloadSecurity?UserName={name-of-user} to get it to work.

So I guess we can say this issue has been solved. Thanks for the help.

answered