I have a cloud application where I see strange and unexpected behaviour. There are several screens where te user gathers data over a periode of days, and has workflow buttons to save the work and when finaly done, do proces the registration. When the later button is hit, the system starts with a workflow checking if all requirements are met, and if not pops a message stating there is errors AND highlighting the fields (and even tab-containers). Should all check out correct it will close the form, do a bunch of calculations and pop associated forms to show results. My problem at the moment is that some users (which are located at geographically different locations AND different IT environments, will NOT get the notice on errors. The things we already DID check: autorisation: all workflow and object related security works correct, as I CAN login with the same user on my site, and will actually work as expected logic: I went through with breakpoints enabled and it dont show any "gaps" I did test using W8 and W7 with associated IE browsers and IE7 on vista. Various Firefox version and Chrome. Local environments I dont have any influence over (user come from independant companies), and seem to be either IE7 or IE6 and in at last one case are offered ovr Citrix. As about everything else does work correctly for them, my gut feeling tells me this is something related to IE settings or cache-handeling. so... ANY input or suggestions are welcome ! Additional info, maybe this matters ?? Users CAN work the system as expected login with New login request from [Source-IP: XXX, User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; nl; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13] Users where the problems occur seem all to log in with New login request from [Source-IP: 192.168.164.190, User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) Can anyone shed a light on this. The issue is still unresolved and becoming a pain in the behind. The ICT onsite are actually telling my users that "Mendix is not meant to work with common browsers". This came after they tested with Firefox and IE and found that both WILL produce this situation in their Citrix farm... while Chrome works ok ..
Lex van Rooy
What I do have seen is that the messages appeared on unexpected places (far in a corner) or sometimes even on the wrong screen (they would show after the closing of the screen with the validation error). I also can not consistently reproduce it. IE did an update a couple of days ago and I do hope this behaviour will go away.....
Maybe you could check your application, but we get the errors after the user is loged out. See the screenshot:
I already clicked all the other errors away (I had 10 validation errors, but only showing the last).