MX is multi-tenant or not?

Hi guys, I was just reading the Mendix White and in the last paragraph of the Mendix Enterprise Cloud Platform sub-section it is written: Our platform can run on any infrastructure and flexibly scales out over different infrastructure types, both delivered as a service or on-premise. Due to the advanced multi-tenant architecture the platform utilizes your infrastructure resources in an optimal way. What is this multi-tenant the white paper talks about? I thought Mendix didn't support multi-tenancy... Can anyone clarify? Thanks.
asked
2 answers

Hi Louis,

As Bart has already mentioned you can set up multi tenancy using the entity access in the data model. In order to control the license pools and number of users per tenant use the License pool manager app: https://appstore.mendix.com/link/app/License%20Pool%20Manager

What i did is have a tenant entity which inherited the license pool entity and associated all users to a certain tenant pool. This gives you the ability to control the number of users per tenant and the number of concurrent users.

If you have any other questions then let me know as i am currently working on a system very similar to yours.

Thanks

answered

Hi Louis,

With instance access on each entity you can arrange a multi-tenant solution within 1 Mendix instance. You would need an association to a 'Tenant' entity from each entity (direct or indirect) and also for user accounts to indicate to which 'tenant' they belong.

answered