Wildcards in search field

Is it possible to use wildcards in the search fields of a form? (even-though the field property "comparison" is set to "contain" or "Equal") For example, if there are 2 items "search freely" and "search". I want to be able to search items which contains the text "search" This should return the items "search freely" and "search". But I would also want to be able to search for items which equals the search text "search" This should return only the item "search".
asked
3 answers

No you have to choose between the behaviors 'starts with', 'contains' and 'equals'. This cannot be changed dynamically.

answered

Solved this adding the search field twice and using Caption to identify the type of search.

Use similar logic to be able to search for stuff like keys and dates, have a >= and >= comparison, filling both will only yield the equals comparisson.

answered

Solved this adding the search field twice and using Caption to identify the type of search.

But this way the end user sees two search fields, am I correct? This can be a work around, but I find it not very user friendly :)

Thanks for your answers.

answered