Deeplink with default mendix login in Mx 9 / Atlas 3 not redirecting to the URL after login (without SSO)

While we are not yet on SSO I still want to work with a deeplink from one app to my other app.  We are using the default login page and a simple deeplink, no parameters etc.   When I log in to the app and paste the URL in the browser it's working. When I log out, paste the link again I come to the login page but after signing in, the default home page is shown. I have tried changing the login location to index.html?cont= but that didn't work. It does show the continutation string in the address bar, but the deeplink is not executed.  There is no anonymous access to the app.  Any clues? I found this question with a suggestion for some javascript but that is for custom login handling: (https://community.mendix.com/link/questions/99330)  
asked
2 answers

Hello Jacob,

We faced the same problem and couldn't find a solution, so we used an older version of the deeplink module which contains its deeplink login page.

answered

Yesterday we came to the conclusion that the newer versions of the deeplink module seem to fail  for us using the out of the box configuration. Since 6.1.x the default behaviour is that you are redirected to the login.html in your theme folder rather then that the login.html in the resources folder is rendered. While this change itself seems very nice, i mean no longer do you have to style 2 login pages, who wouldn't want that right :) However what does bother me is the fact that the custom login page in the deeplink module seemed to have a functionality that redirected users to the deeplink again after they logged in. Basically it remembered the original deeplink during the login attempt so that they user is still redicrected afterwards.

This functionality seems to be missing from the default login.html/login.js causing the user to be redirected to his home page after login, rather then to the deeplink that he opened. While i could hack this into the login.js to function as the previous deeplink modules i believe that this is something that should work out of the box, as now deeplinks seem to fail for users that are not logged in yet and are required to login to use a given deeplink.  I believe that Mendix should fix this but what is your take on it?

answered