REST POST request gives Permission denied: connect error

Hi All, When I trigger a post request via POSTMAN everything works fine. But when using Mendix POST request with the exact same settings it fails. Anybody experienced the same issue before?   Console Log: ______________________________________________________________________________ Latest error: Permission denied: connect   Stacktrace: Error calling REST service                 at LocationRepositoryConnector.GetToken (CallRest : 'Call REST (POST)')                 at LocationRepositoryConnector.SUB_GetStores (SubMicroflow : 'GetToken')                 at LocationRepositoryConnector.ACT_GetStores (SubMicroflow : 'SUB_GetStores')   Advanced stacktrace:                 at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.RestCallAction.execute(RestCallAction.scala:79)   Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect                 at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.RestCallAction.execute(RestCallAction.scala:79)   Caused by: null                 at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.RestCallAction.execute(RestCallAction.scala:79)       Caused by: Permission denied: connect                 at com.mendix.integration.actions.microflow.RestCallAction.execute(RestCallAction.scala:79)
asked
2 answers

Permission denied: Connect means it’s your local machine refusing to allow Studio Pro to initiate the connection.

Are you running any local firewalls, antivirus, or network filtering tools? If you are check if you need to grant Studio Pro permission to use the network.

answered

Problem

Indeed what Robert says, my local machine is refusing to setup the connection. I don't know exactly the details why. Other colleague from an other network was able to make a connection, but I was not.

Solution

First I could connect via a proxy server. I used Proxifier for that. And I was able to setup a connection.

But the final solution was the setting 'Runtime port security’.

This initially was set to Open to other machines. When i changed it to Open to current machine the connection was made correctly. Also without proxy server.

Also thanks to Bob van Heijster

answered