What type of input style do you have for your dataview? and can you see the data you filled in before?
Is it a page parameter or is it based on a database retrieve/association?
I suspect that when you re-enter the tab, the dataview is unable to find the object you were working on and thus results in an empty (and therefor uneditable) dataview.
If above answer does not clearify, feel free to post some images of your modeler view and browser view :)
Hope this helps and we will find the solution!
FYI I seem to have “fixed” it, but it doesn’t feel right. The two entities had a 1 to 1 association., so technically I didnt need the child dataview since I could traverse the child entity in the dataview of the parent object. Once I took the textboxes out of the child dataview and put them (in the tabs) and changed the data source to start from the parent and work its way to the child, the problem didnt exist.
Technically this worked. But I just feel like there may be a situation where I need to use a dataview which would cause me to have this problem again.