Excel Importer Error

Hello there,   When I click on Import File in the Excel Import Module I get the following error: Error in execution of monitored action '{"name":"ExcelImporter.IVK_ImportTemplateDocument","type":"Microflow"}' (execution id: ee490409-a780-4a5c-be5a-38bea497242f, execution type: CLIENT_ASYNC_MONITORED) Stack trace: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: Factory     at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.StylesTable.readFrom(StylesTable.java:219)     at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.StylesTable.<init>(StylesTable.java:159)     at org.apache.poi.xssf.eventusermodel.XSSFReader.getStylesTable(XSSFReader.java:166)     at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelXLSXDataReader.readData(ExcelXLSXDataReader.java:32)     at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelReader.importData(ExcelReader.java:370)     at excelimporter.reader.ExcelImporter.startImport(ExcelImporter.java:120)     at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:54)     at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:25)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:58)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.java:56)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeSync$2(ActionManager.scala:105)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner$.withContextClassLoader(Runner.scala:20)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:104)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.execute(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:57)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:35)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:11)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:38)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:32)     at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.scala:29)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.$anonfun$executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary$2(MicroflowImpl.scala:167)     at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:167)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.scala:114)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:58)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.java:56)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.$anonfun$runMonitoredAction$1(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:59)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.$anonfun$monitor$1(ActionMonitoring.scala:49)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner$.withContextClassLoader(Runner.scala:20)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.monitor(ActionMonitoring.scala:49)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.runMonitoredAction(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:59)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:46)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.java:56)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeAsync$3(ActionManager.scala:89)     at scala.concurrent.Future$.$anonfun$apply$1(Future.scala:678)     at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$Transformation.run(Promise.scala:467)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)     I tried updating the module to the newest version tried removing other modules I installed since e.g. XLS Reports, tried removing the Userlibs associated with the Module, but with no success so far.    
asked
9 answers

Hi Jonas,

I also had this problem;  this is likely a ‘duplicate JAR files in userlib’ problem. The Excel Import and Excel Exporter modules are using the Apache POI library for manipulating Excel documents. Probably you have older or duplicate versions of these JARs in your userlib.  You would only need the ones from version Apache POI version 5.2.2. Also you need to remove the OOXML-SCHEMAS-1.4 which came with older installations of these modules. If the issue still persists, could you please share a picture of the JAR files in your userlib?

answered

Hi Jonas,

I had the same problem yesterday and tried to fix it through different ways. For now, it worked with .xls files and it does still not work with .xlsx files. This is not a real solution but at least I can continue with the functionality. I can update when I find another solution.

answered

Hi,
I had the same problem and this solved my problem:

- delete all org.apache.poi.* files

- reinstall MxModelReflection v6.2.0

- reinstall Excel Importer v10.1.1

- reinstall Excel Exporter v7.0.4

now my app can export xls files and import xlsx and xls files

answered

Hi All

In my case, all I needed to do was replace POI-schemas with POI-lite like it say in this stackoverflow

If you have both  poi-ooxml-schemas-[version].jar and poi-ooxml-lite-[version].jar in you userlib folder, then exclude/delete the poi-ooxml-schemas jar files

answered

Hello All, 

Convert the XLSX File to XLS then Upload The XLS File .There u can find the solution , Hope it will be Helpful.

answered

Hi Jonas,

If you redownload then, most probably you are using latest version 10.1.1. In latest version Apache POI user lib has been updated. Make sure you delete all apache poi userlib from your userlib folder and try again to reinstall it and also if you have excel exporter in your application recommended to upgrade excel exporter also.

If it doesn’t work for you, then try to install lower version excel importer.

Thanks

answered

Have you synchronized the model using Model Reflection?

Seems like there is an attribute called Factory used in your Excel Importer template which has been deleted (or had its name changed, etc.) in your model.  After you synchronize with Model Reflection, you should open up the import template and see if there are errors to resolve.

answered

Thats all the userlib files. I already deleted OOXML-SCHEMAS-1.4 and old apache POI files. So far i get the same error as before @Ivo Sturm

answered

@Jonas Müller any update on your progress? How did you solve the problem? I have the same problem with my app. 

answered