Error on launch, unable to load

Hello everyone, here is the problem: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn, Version=1.14001.15.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d729672594885a28'. The system cannot find the file specified. Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn, Version=1.14001.15.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d729672594885a28'. The system cannot find the file specified.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()    at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.DIContainer.AssemblyTypesProvider.GetTypes() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility\DIContainer\AssemblyTypesProvider.cs:line 29    at Mendix.Modeler.Theming.StylesInitializer.InitializeStyleTypes(ITypesProvider typesProvider) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Theming\StylesInitializerAttribute.cs:line 44    at Mendix.Modeler.MainWindow.Program.InitStyling() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.MainWindow\Program.cs:line 121    at Mendix.Modeler.MainWindow.Program.Main() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.MainWindow\Program.cs:line 54 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn, Version=1.14001.15.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d729672594885a28'. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'SharpSvn, Version=1.14001.15.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d729672594885a28' System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn, Version=1.14001.15.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d729672594885a28'. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'SharpSvn, Version=1.14001.15.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d729672594885a28' I got this error while trying to launch Studio Pro 9.11.1 couple days after switching to windows 11 and after researching internet for couple days got nowhere.   I thought it is related to not being able to read the SharpSvn.dll.   Any Ideas? Thanks!   SOLVED   For Mac: Check WenBin Lu’s answer, it solved the problem for a co-worker of mine!   For Windows: It was caused by Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, I re-installed the latest and it solved the problem. It happened by another program removing the latest updated and installing an old updated version of the redistributable, specifically 2015-2019 instead of 2015-2022. Re-installing 2015-2022(which was the latest updated version at the time) solved it and Studio Pro started working.
asked
4 answers

Hi Gurtug and Hikmet, 

Are you running the Windows on an M1 Mac using Parallels?
It looks Microsoft broke x64 emulation in Windows. This can result in issues with users running Studio Pro on an M1 Mac using Parallels.
Can you try to run the following in the command prompt in Windows to remove the update (KB5013943)?  Thanks
wusa /uninstall /kb:5013943

answered

Hello WenBin Lu and Hikmet,

I don’t run it with Parallels and am using Windows.

For me it was Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, I re-installed the latest and that solved the problem.

It was caused by another program installing an old version of the latest of the redistributable, 2015-2019 instead of 2015-2022.

Forgot to update the post but appearently resetting the windows works since it also resets installed programs as for Hikmet’s answer.

Hope this helps to anyone encounters this error in the future!

answered

Hi WenBin Lu and Gurtug,

I'm not using a Mac.

I resinstalled  my computer and the problem was solved :)

answered

Hi Gurtug;

I also came across the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Hikmet.

answered