Notifications dont open app from the background.

I've just set up My notifications in a local app which works but when i try to get an onOpen response nothing happens in my console the following error occurs. No background message handler has been set. Set a handler via the "setBackgroundMessageHandler" method. And nothing happens it opens my app but it has to reload everything so it basically first shuts down the whole app. How can this be solved?
asked
2 answers

Hey Tristan!

Sorry for re-up this old thread!

I’ve got the same behaviour in my app. But when sending background push to different Android versions, I realize that for the Android 7.1 the background push notifications works as expected, and for Android 12 the background push is indeed received by the application, but it raises an error: 

W/ReactNativeJS: [Client] No background message handler has been set. Set a handler via the "setBackgroundMessageHandler" method.

Targeting S+ (version 31 and above) requires that one of FLAG_IMMUTABLE or FLAG_MUTABLE be specified when creating a PendingIntent.

So, for those who face this same issue, I recommend to try with different Android versions to see if works.

That’s not solve the problem, but is a signal that the Native Template should be corrected. I’m using native template version "6.3.1", studio pro “9.18.0”.

(Android 7.1 is able to receive the push notification and process the associated open Nanoflow accordingly)

Cheers!

answered

Hello!

Just to let you know that I’ve managed to get push notifications working on Android 13!

Steps:

• Update to StudioPro 9.24.2
  • Update to native-template 7.0.1
  • Change AndroidManifest.xml to include the line below inside <application>
<meta-data  android:name="com.dieam.reactnativepushnotification.notification_color"
            android:resource="@color/white"/>

answered