Constrain your Data using Advanced XPath 4.1.1 Using the And Operator with Sub Predicates

Constrain your Data using Advanced XPath Am I misunderstanding this, or do the instructions need to be corrected for 4.1.1 Using the And Operator with Sub Predicates?  https://academy.mendix.com/link/module/384/lecture/3104/4.1.1-Using-the-And-Operator-with-Sub-Predicates   I added data grids on additional tabs to be able to see the # of results and be able to sort the results.   I get the same 10,818 results, only US with >4000000 SalesYTD, from either of the queries in the instructions (pasted below).  A data grid with no constraints returns a total of 31,465 results.  A grid constrained only by the specified SalesYTD amount, returns 27,619 results with SalesYTD > 4000000, from a variety of countries.  If I change the ‘and’ to an ‘or’ in their example B XPath, the grid returns all US results with any SalesYTD amounts and also other countries’ results with >4000000 SalesYTD.  Maybe that’s what example B is meant to demonstrate?      4.1.1 Using the And Operator with Sub Predicates states:  Open the list view in the tab Example A and set the XPath query to the query below: [Sales.SalesOrderHeader_Customer/Sales.Customer/Sales.Customer_SalesTerritory/Sales.SalesTerritory [CountryRegionCode = 'US’ and SalesYTD > 4000000 ] ]   Open the list view in the tab Example B and set the XPath query to the query below: [Sales.SalesOrderHeader_Customer/Sales.Customer/Sales.Customer_SalesTerritory/Sales.SalesTerritory/CountryRegionCode = 'US’ and Sales.SalesOrderHeader_Customer/Sales.Customer/Sales.Customer_SalesTerritory/Sales.SalesTerritory/SalesYTD > 4000000 ]   Run your application locally and look at the difference between the number of sales orders being retrieved.
asked
0 answers