Windows 10 for ARM on M1 Mac cant install app Mendix Studio Pro: This program can only be installed on version of windows designed for the following processor architectures: x64.

Hi all, It seems that i'm not able to run Mendix Studio Pro on my M1 Macbook that I recently got from work. On my Intel Macbook I used Parallels with Windows, but because the new Macs run on a different architecture I need to make use of the Parallels Technical Preview with Windows 10 Insider Preview for ARM with x64 emulation built in. In case of Mendix the emulation doesn’t seem to work whereas all other x64 apps I tried worked fine. Mendix just won’t install with the following error message: “This program can only be installed on version of windows designed for the following processor architectures: x64” To get Mendix running I tried a manual install (installed dependencies manually), different Windows for ARM builds (dev channel) and used CrossOver (Wine) which also didn’t work. With CrossOver the app did install but directly quits when opening without any message. I have searched hard and long and didn’t find anything online on this matter. No other apps have been reported with this issue. I’m getting the idea that Mendix has some kind of failsafe built in which blocks the installer. Is there a workaround or solution available? Thank you in advance.
asked
2 answers

Good news regarding running Studio Pro on Apple Silicon Macs, such as the M1.

Studio Pro is enabled and tested to run on all Macs using Parallels 17 and Windows 11 for the following versions:

• Mendix 8 LTS: 8.18.14 and higher
  • Mendix 9 MTS: 9.6.5 and higher
  • Mendix 9.9.1 and newer.

If you have questions, feel free to reach out.

answered

this needs some more attention

answered