Widget is attempting to change the value of attribute of entity which is not writable.

How do I make a ListAttributeValue editable? When trying to change an attribute on a pluggable widget, via a datasource either by association, xpath or database with security turned off and on(+all permissions), that returns a list of elements, I get “Widget  is attempting to change the value of attribute of entity which is not writable.” The ListAttributeValue(item).readOnly does return true, but how do I write to this list of objects?
asked
6 answers

I cheated a bit.

I added some fields on the parent or root object, called Id and Value.

I used these 2 fields and changed them, then called an action, which a microflow picks up.

The microflow uses the ID field to find the object(s) I want to change using the value.

It’s ugly, but in my case it was a single string field on a child object I wanted to manipulate.

I tried a bunch of other hacks, but to no avail. I guess we’ll just have to wait for the feature to be implemented as of this writing

answered

Making ListAttributeValue editable is part of our roadmap for the second half of this year. Currently, these values are read only. With 9.2 we improved the message and documentation.

answered

Is there anyone have update on this issue? I look at release notes and cannot find anything relevant.

answered

Did you find a solution for this? I am facing exactly the same issue. When interacting with the same object but then directly as an attribute, hence getting back an EditableValue in stead of ListAttributeValue from the datasource, it does work...

answered

After the time consuming process of creating a test project I filed a support ticket for this.

answered

I just got feedback from Mendix that this is not on the roadmap for this year (2023) even...

answered