How to filter sub reference sets from each other (efficiently) in memory?

Hi guys, I have a *-* (many to many) relation between City and Person ( person_city). One city has many persons and one person is associated to multiple cities. Reference set with both as owners. When I want to filter persons in the personlist A with the city from the citylist (based on the reference set person_city) I DO NOT get the filtered person with that city , while I’d expect that. BUT when I do filter the reverse, filtering the cities from the personlist based I DO get the filtered the cities of the person list. I played further with it and it seems that the “filter” or “equal” list operation expects a corresponding subset of the reference set in order to filter it accordingly. So my question is, is there an efficient way for filtering persons based on a list of city, whereby I want to retrieve the persons associated to a city list with multiple cities.   Example; Person: A → Rotterdam, Den Haag B → Rotterdam, Amsterdam Personlist: A, B Citylist: Rotterdam, Den Haag , + 200 cities   Operation: filter personlist (A,B) with citylist (just Amsterdam). → Personlist (B) I’d expect that filter personlist/person_city with citylist (Amsterdam) would result in a personlist with just B, but unfortunately this is not the case (0 results) and I do not want to iterate over all the persons/cities to build a filtered list one by one.   there should be an efficient memory operation for this filter to get work. EDIT 1: Domain model is as simple as:  (Person) *-* (City). Reference set owners
asked
1 answers

Why the hard requirement to do the filtering in memory?

It is easy and extremely quick using xpath:

Introduce a city-group entty and create a one-to-many between the group and the cities.

Now you can do a retrieve of all persons with associated with the city-group via a city.

Would that be a solution?

answered