Studio Pro exception when adding Snippet call widget in Advanced Page Building course

Hi, I’m following the instructions in the Advanced Page Building course and I’ve hit an error where Studio Pro gives me an exception ‘Opps something went wrong’.  I’ve raised a support ticket, but I also just wanted to qualify that I’m following the instructions correctly. The issue occurs when I’m following the instructions to build a custom layout and adding a snippet to the top region of the scroll container, the instructions for this part of the course are here The piece I’m still a little unclear about is the description of where to place the snippet, the instructions are, full instructions here Click Add top region. Place a Snippet widget in the top region (inside the expenses module) of the navigation layout, name the snippet HeaderExpenses. I can add the top region to the scroll container okay, when I drag the snippet call widget into the Top region I get the exception error below Mendix.Modeler.Utility.Progress.ProgressException ---> System.ApplicationException: Malformed response: Unknown api version: null at Mendix.Modeler.Main.Feedback.DoSendPostRequest() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Main\Feedback.cs:line 83 at Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProcessRunner.RunStep(Step step) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProcessRunner.cs:line 101 at Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProcessRunner.OnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProcessRunner.cs:line 74 at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProcessRunner.Run() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProcessRunner.cs:line 52 at Mendix.Modeler.Main.Feedback.Send() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Main\Feedback.cs:line 46   The part of the instruction that I’m unclear on though is  Place a Snippet widget in the top region (inside the expenses module) of the navigation layout The new layout being created as per the instructions is under Atlas_UI_Resources/Layouts/Responsive not in the actual Expenses module so this instruction doesn’t make sense as this new layout hasn’t been associated with the Expenses module yet, this is later in the instructions? If anyone has been through the same training exercise recently and can confirm I’m interpreting the instructions correctly that would be great. Also I’ve tried the same set of actions in 8.17.0 and 9.0.2 and get the same error.  
asked
1 answers

Seems to be an issue in the platform, not something that you’re not doing correctly.

After closing the error the app will still work correctly though.

answered