Deployment problem

Hi all, Yesterday I was able to upload a package from MX Studio pro, but today I get this message: Error code: ERR_NO_STUDIO_TARGET Does anyone know how to solve the problem and what actually happened? Thank a lot Almog
asked
7 answers

Hi,

Technical contact of your app, need to set the Mendix studio target to Yes under developer portal.

Refer this link : https://docs.mendix.com/developerportal/deploy/studio-deployment-settings

answered

Am I the only one who find it strange that now I have to set this? What if no one is using Mendix studio because everyone uses Studio Pro? I would file a bug report because in my opinion I should be able to deploy even though I did not set a Mendix Studio target. Or an option should be given to not activate Mendix Studio.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Apologies for the confusion on this topic. We have published release notes (https://docs.mendix.com/releasenotes/developer-portal/deployment) on deployment and we will extend them to prevent confusion on this topic.

We have fixed a bug where when no ‘Studio Target’ was set and one would click ‘deploy’ in Studio Pro, a package would be build but not deployed and no error message would be given to the user. This caused confusion. With the recent changes we give an error message to indicate that a Studio target must be set in order to deploy from Studio or Studio Pro. Based on your feedback, we will change the text of the error message to Studio (Pro) target must be set to prevent confusion when a user deploys from Studio Pro. We will also change the text in Developer Portal to ‘Studio (Pro) target’.

We do want make setting the Cloud Target a required action before a user can deploy from Mendix Studio (Pro). This to precent accidentally deploying to an environment.

answered

I agree with Ronald. This breaking functionality is badly implemented.

It is not low code that I need to set anything to deploy to licensed cloud node. Even worse, I now noticed that what I deployed was immedatly put on our acceptance server and it was restarted.

Kind regards

Johan

answered

Wait a minute.  That was a bug?  Are you saying we can’t just create a deployment package without deploying to an environment through Studio Pro?  Can we get that back, as a feature?

Also, the setting is within the environment details so I assumed it was per environment.  I thought “so this makes it an available target I can probably choose from with some dropdown in studio pro”.  So I went and set Test on Test, Accp on Accp, then Prod on Prod.  I didn’t realize it was one setting that was being overwritten.  I went to make a deploying in studio pro, noticed I could not choose an environment.  I almost deployed and reboot directly into production!  I think I understand now that I pick ONE environment to set as the target but that is not intuitive at all.

What this change has done is make it so my team will no longer use the feature in studio pro.  We will commit and create packages through the portal.

answered

Hi Almog,

Srilatha M's answer is correct. See the deployment release notes of August 26th, 2020 for more information.

answered

I agree with Ronald. In most cases you want to deploy to the cloud but choose the target environment and the restart at another moment, mainly outside working hours. It is also confusing that the setting looks like it is available for every environment but there is only one setting.  Please change this with an extra option ‘automatic transport and restart’ that enables the new feature, but in all our projects we prefer the previous way. We only use Studio Pro.

BTW: the alternative now is to build a package in the cloud but the naming of that package differs from the naming in the modeler, the branche is missing.

answered