How can the checked values be displayed in a table?

Hi Experts,   I have a short question. The case is when the user makes a check box selection for the tools in the snapshot below,     The ticked values needs to be displayed in the table matrix here,     How can this be achieved?   Kindly assist.
asked
10 answers

Hi Anirudh, 

If I am right, you have selected list of entity (Entity A) which is associated with another entity (Entity B)

1. If the list of items you want to select increases by crazy number like 50 or 100, have you realized how your screen might look like? It will be a long horizontal screen. 
  2. This will be further complicated if the list of tools are added in runtime within the application, because it will be practically impossible to set the number of columns dynamically.
  3. If the list of stays small like 10 for example, then it might be good idea to do this. If so, read below
    1. Assuming entity A is the list of tools
    2. You can probably go with TemplateGrid
    3. Set number of columns equal to the number of tools you can have. May be you can also set the number of rows to 1
    4. For the title, you can show the name of the tool from Entity A
    5. Show a tick mark or image with conditional visibility if the Entity A has association with Entity B (currentObject), assuming you already have the Entity B as page parameter.
    6. Otherwise you can also use MF datasource, but still the logic to show check mark might be same.

answered

Do you mean like this

answered

The user would select the Tools sorted as per category CAD, ERP etc.

Upon Save, the selected Tools needs to be displayed in the Table under the specific category which is configured in the other page.

Since the Tools NX, ProEngineer are selected (just to exemplify), in the table, these two selected Tools needs to be displayed.

How can I achieve this?

answered

This is what I have configured.

I have added a Dataview and then created a table. Now in order to retrieve the ticked values for a specific category, how should the microflow be configured and where should it be placed?

answered

Hi Anirudh, 

There could be multiple ways to achieve this.

Option1

You can also have an enumeration which can be designed to show as multi-select checkbox and when checked by user, you can show it. Enumerations can also have images. So when rendering, you can choose to show the images. 

Option2

If your tools are entities, then probably you can have a boolean in the entity called “Applicable”. When rendering show the applicable checkbox in your page, which already shows the check mark. Or you can also show some images with conditional visibility based on the applicable boolean.

Could be more options. But I am limiting myself here.

answered

Hi Roland,

This is what I have configured in the microflow based on your input.

First I am retrieving the list of System_name from database and then I retrieve the system_art_name. Finally this would return the list of System_name as the return value.

Is this correct as to what you have suggested?

answered

Hi Anirudh, 

I have tried something based on my understanding what you are trying to do and I was able to achieve the following. 

This is with the same approach I mentioned above.

I have two objects: Employee and Skill. Employee can have multiple skills. Tried showing the skill objects horizontally. 

Also tried to extend the skills and got this

answered

Hi Nirmal,

Looks very promising.

Just out of curiosity, would like to ask if the layoutgrid could support this.

answered

Also just to clarify, my domain model looks something like this

Where Systemname attribute in the System entity takes the values as ERP, PDM, CAD, DB etc and the name attribute in the Systemartt takes the values of ERP specific SAP, ISPenta, MS Dynamics etc, CAD specific NX, ProEngineer etc which are stored in the database and not as an enumeration or an attribute in the entity.

Would this still work when trying to retrieve these values from the database for displaying them in the layoutgrid?

answered

. The user ticks the tools specific to the CAD category.

. Clicks Save

. In the other page within the Table, these checked or selected values (Tools) should be displayed.

answered