Is there grid widget that can utilise the search and aggregate function when using a data source microflow to populate it.

Hi All I need the search and aggregate functions on a list that i can only populate with a microflow. Do i need to create a associated entity to use search and aggregation. Is there grid widget that can utilise the search and aggregate function when using a data source microflow to populate it. Regards, Patrick    
asked
5 answers

In a datagrid, when you use datasource as Microflow or Association, search is not available.

Search is only available when datasource is database or XPATH. 

answered

So i assume if you use a data source microflow on a grid you cant have the search or aggregation functions.

answered

I´ve had the same problem quite often… as of now I have not been able to find a simple workaround for it…

Also I don´t quite understand why Mendix doesn´t give you the option to search and aggregate in Listviews that are filled by microflows. It seems to be such a vital function to me.

answered

What you could possibly try, only if you cannot avoid the microflow as datasource, I think I did the same in the past:

- Have a NPE (or even a Persistable entity that is not committed to DB or committed but deleted when you are done with the particular screen)

- Link that NPE to your entity that is shown in datagrid

- When calling the page, use MF to create the NPE, collect the entity for datagrid and link with NPE

- in the page, show NPE in dataview and show the datagrid with relevant entities by association from NPE. 

answered

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for this article, I have also asked myself the same question in the past and came across this post 

Will be monitoring this ongoing

answered